Enterprise Metadata Management (EMM) is the process for managing metadata. It provides supplementary information and context to other information and data assets of an organization. Going through Metadata; it is information that represents the several facets of information assets, which boost its usability and enables easier management throughout its lifecycle.
Enterprise metadata management provides command and perceptibility which are essential to manage the change that often accompanies a complex enterprise data environment. It allows users to aspect the links and roles of metadata.
Let us go through some of the benefits of Enterprise metadata management;
- EMM integrates, governs and manages data much easier through the understanding of the real meaning of the information, from its substantial content down to its metadata.
- The risks are reduced by EMM and it manage changes by avoiding errors and boost the regulatory compliance, ultimately providing a comprehensive view of enterprise data across the organization.
- Enterprise metadata management boosts the productivity by considering the impact of particular data changes and enabling collusion between technical and business stakeholders.
- EMM promotes better data flow between different systems and enables better governance of enterprise data assets.
- It improves information access through context.
Without context, the data has a low value. Metadata provides this context and thus plays a vital role in the enterprise. EMM gives business insight into their data allowing them to provide better user experience for the future. Business can consolidate data with the help of metadata management solution. Thus it make easier to access for future use and ultimately promotes reuse.
Reading the above article, you have come across some of the benefits of Enterprise metadata management and its purpose. It enables business users to define and commentate business terms that portray their environment and link them to technical metadata, creating a common vocabulary for the discussion of the business.